Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sleeplessness

I have long had difficulties with sleeping. These date back a time in my family's history that can go undiscussed, however, I am interested in talking about sleeping, or rather, not sleeping!

Sometimes it can be days and days where my sleeping pattern gets all messed up. I am exhausted and tired during the day, yet when night comes I can barely turn off my whirling thoughts long enough to get any sleep at all. This usually only lasts for a few days before my body shuts itself down and I have an early night to bed!

It makes me wonder why our bodies sometimes won't let us do what we need, like sleep. It is a fact that we need sleep to be healthy functioning people, yet it is my body or mind that is stopping me from getting the rest I need. I wish I could learn how to turn off my thoughts and just fall asleep. My husband puts his head even remotely near the pillow and he is asleep, and my mom says my dad is the same way. He is asleep before his head hits the pillow. So why then is my head a whirling mess when I try to sleep? Maybe it's the pillow?

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe