Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The first official day


So I am not counting yesterday since it was my birthday, but today is the first actual day of my 30's. I am tired already! LOL I had an appointment at 8:00 am this morning, which is really too early to do almost anything, and now I am back home blogging (obviously). I am supposed to go to the passport office today to file my application for my passport but I must admit the couch is pretty awesome. I would like nothing more than to sit here all day and read and relax, but chances are I will get up and go. Blah.

So 30 eh? I wonder what the next decade will bring? My friends have all been telling me that 30 is the new 20- which makes sense now that we are all in our 30's that we would be a lot happier about it than 20. Looking back over the last 20 years I do really feel as though my twenties, maybe everyone's twenties, are really an extension of the teen years. I mean does anyone really know anything about who they are and where they are going in their twenties? I thought I did but now that I have reached 30 and I do feel a lot more confident about where my life is heading.

Right now there are a lot of things up in the air and a little hazy but I do feel that I am more capable of making the important decisions when I get to the moment where they will need to be made. I have a job I love, good friends and a supportive family. Maybe 30 is really just the start of everything to come?

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Brian DeWagner said...

Growing older but not up, right? You'll be a ridiculously great 30, and 35, and...

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe