Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Paint, a Long Weekend and Lots of Thoughts

This has been a long summer so far for me...I am going through some stuff and spend the better part of my day thinking, and thinking, and thinking...which can be maddening!!

My husband and I moved into our first house last May. In the first 2 weeks we painted the living room, the kitchen and the master room....and since then we have done NOTHING! lol So this weekend I decided that I would like to paint the entryway and the hallway leading up to the bedrooms. Our living room is "melted chocolate"- that is the actual paint name! I love it. So I wanted to do the entryway and the hallway a lighter brown- it's called "burnt almond". There is one wall that is currently white, and I can't really decide what to do with it. The suggestions made so far have been to do 1) the "melted chocolate" paint, 2) the "burnt almond" paint, 3) leave it white, 4) a new brown/tan colour...and finally I thought of doing it as an accent wall with the "melted chocolate", "burnt almond", the grey paint I chose for the stair railing and white stripes of varying sizes. For now, we are going to leave it white because I really can't make a decision.

Painting has given me lots of time to think this weekend...which is exactly what I didn't need. As a teacher I have TONS of to think as I am off work for the summer. Well, I taught summer school for July but really that was only 4 hours a day! Still lots of time for thinking, and thinking, and thinking. On one hand it is a bit of a blessing to have so much time to think and try to figure stuff out, but at the same time...I might be going crazy!

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe