Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, August 24, 2009

Well Some of It Got Done...

Whew...I had a very productive day and I am super proud of myself. I painted and painted today. The trim is pretty much done, just a bit of it still needs a second coat. I also started doing some touch ups on some of the other painting I had already done. The stripes that I painted bled a little under the tape and I am way too much of a control freak to let it stay like that. I must say that I am super proud of my stripes...they look awesome. I finished going through my Grade 7 stuff so it's all ready to give to Kelly, as well. So many things to check off my list!

I also started my long-range planning for the new school year. I am moving from Grade 7 to Grade 8 this year which means that I need to re-plan EVERYTHING! It's a lot of decisions to make all at one time. I have a lot of ideas about what I want to teach for reading and writing, because those are my passions, but it's hard to narrow everything down and really choose what I want. Plus when you are teaching something for the first time you never really know how long things are going to take. I only have a few days left to plan, it seems like almost 2 weeks is a long time...but! I am obviously not going to spend everyday planning, all day, and I still want to have some fun during the last little bit of the summer.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe