Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Stories from a Grade 8 Classroom

Best..BEST..question of the week.

Student: "Do you need to know every country in the world to be the Prime Minister?"

Me: "Maybe not every country, just the important ones to us. There would be staff to help you with the rest."

Student: "Important ones like the US?"

Me: "Yes, they are pretty important."

Student: "And Canada?"

Me: (disbelieving face with wide eyes trying to control my giggles) "Yep, Canada would be a good one to know if you were the Prime Minister."

Now a lot of people say there are no such things as dumb questions, I'll let you judge for yourself.

I have a small dry erase board outside my classroom where I post morning notes to my students to read as they come in the door. Today's message read: Day 6- There is a new seating plan- find your seat and SIT IN IT!

One student walked in this morning and said, "Is there a new seating plan?"

To which I replied, "What do you think?"

He answered, "Yes."

"And why do you think so?" I asked.

"Because it says so on the sign," he responded.


"So did you need to ask?" I replied with a shake of my head.

His answer?... "I guess not."

Lord help me!! Sometimes my head hurts just thinking about it. Monday is already looming so close on the horizon!!

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe