Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friends

I have great friends in my life.

Have you ever hung out with someone and realized that you are always, deliciously interested in their opinion? Everything they say has meaning and makes you think, makes you question your own ideas and makes you wish the conversation could go on forever. I have a friend like that.

I am so glad that I do.

I adore hanging out with friends when all you want is for time to go on forever. Everything is fun, or funny and the topics of conversation never run out. You can talk about everything and anything and know that they will never judge you or your opinion. They may not agree, but they won't judge. Everything is comfortable and easy. I love it when all you need is a look between you in order to communicate your thoughts with your closest friends. You can share a joke with a small crinkle around the eyes, convey disbelief, acknowledge that someone said something neither of you agree with and that you will discuss it at length later on. Your friend is a person that you could talk to forever, but a lot of the time you don't even need to talk.

Sometimes I wish I could spend more time with my friend. Everyday, all day. But the way life moves a long, and we all go to work so that isn't always possible. If we could though, what a great life that would be, eh?

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

DUTA said...

It's a great blessing to have such good friends and be in harmony with them. I've got what is called a 'best friend' and yet we argue a lot , and these arguments have a negative influence upon our friendship, but we still go on and are unable to cut off the relationship.

English Teacher said...

DUTA- Sometimes arguing with a friend is a great thing. Who safer to argue with? I love when friends present us with different points of view and we are able to learn or alter our perceptions. I think everyone needs a best friend, even if you do argue!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe