Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving



I spent the weekend at home for Thanksgiving with my family and it was a full house. My husband and I were there with our dog Kahne. Kahne is a puggle (pug x beagle) and only 34 pounds. My parents also have a dog, a rottweiler/ chocolate lab cross named Sebastian who is 72 pounds...and for the first time, my sister and her boyfriend brought home their new puppy at the same time we were there. Simon, their dog, is a golden-doodle who is already over 50 pounds. So altogether we had 150+ pounds of dog in one house with 8 adults..wow!


Simon, the golden-doodle puppy.

All in all, it was a great weekend. We started at my husband's family's for our first of 3 turkey dinners....ummm turkey! I love it. It is often that we have 2 turkey dinners on a Thanksgiving weekend, but 3? That was just heaven. Although I am pretty sure that I will need to be rolled into work tomorrow.


My uncle carves turkey #2 on Saturday night.

Saturday night was spent at my aunt and uncles from my mom's side. All the kids are now grown up and have significant others so family events have gotten more crowded and more fun and we all have more in common now. My cousins are quite a bit younger than my sister and I and we weren't particularly close growing up, especially since they are both boys. But now that we all have jobs, houses and etc we have more to talk about and laugh about. Especially with my one cousin providing the entertainment after drinking a magnum of homemade wine, seriously homemade, like in his basement homemade!!


Sebastian and Kahne playing.

We also spend some time every year at the memorial forest where we have planted trees for family members who are no longer with us. We took all three dogs along with us this year and had our usual rum and coke out by the trees to remember my grandparents. It's one of my favourite Thanksgiving traditions.


Kahne "sits pretty" for a treat.

I am thankful for many things this year, it's been a more difficult year overall than other and I am happy to be where I am, with the people I love. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe