Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, November 2, 2009

Are You Serious?

Today I gave 4 boys in my Grade 8 class a second chance. They basically have 0 in everything I teach them due to the fact that they have handed in absolutely no work so far. I am not exaggerating here.

So I sat them down and explained that they had two choices. I was not keeping them after school for a detention or a punishment. They could stay and work on the missing work, which I would then mark and they would no longer be failing. Or they could leave now, and their mark would still be a zero. One boy had a doctor's appointment and asked if he could come back tomorrow. Fine. Two boys chose to stay and started right away on their work. The fourth boy stacked his chair, grabbed his bag and left. For real.

I don't even know what to say here. Welcome to Grade 8. I miss Grade 7 already.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe