Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, November 21, 2009

New tattoo

So I got it! And I love it...but it has hurt more than any of the other 2 I got before.

I was very touched and happy that my aunt's friend wanted me to get a tattoo from her tattoo artist and that she wanted to give it to me as a birthday gift. To me, a tattoo is a piece of artwork and they can symbolic of   hurts and pain that have occurred in your life. They can also be symbols of happy times and good memories. So to be given one has a gift is a pretty special thing indeed.


This is just after she finished the entire tattoo. As I described in an earlier post, the lightening bolt was from a previous tattoo and I asked that it was retouched and kept as a part of this one. I don't regret it, however, it was a 12 year old tattoo and I am not the same person I was when I got it. (I mean, thank god I am not the same person I was when I was 18 years-old!) But at the same time I don't agree with losing the image all together. That tattoo has been a part of me for almost half my life and I want to validate the decision I made so many years ago.


Here is a little closer image, as few days later. It has had some time to heal and is looking really good. I am thinking that I would like the light orange swirls to be touched up a little darker but we will wait to see when it is fully healed. I am very glad I did it and that I got something so meaningful to me.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe