Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanks...I think?

A friend came over yesterday for a pre-holiday get together we were having (hence having all the Christmas decorations up in November) and this is what was said:

Friend: "I knew you would be the type of person to have knick-knacks all around your house."

Me: ?

Friend: "I mean, I knew that you would have little decorative type stuff in every room."

Me: ?

Friend: You have lots of little figurines, and knick-knacks."

Me: "Thanks?"

I am not sure if it was a compliment, or an insult, or nothing? Hard to say. But I am sure if the phrase- "I knew you would be the sort of person that" ...  isn't followed by

"and I like it", or

"it looks good",

it really shouldn't be said.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe