Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chunkster Reading Challenge

I have decided to join another reading challenge for 2010...yes, I know, it's a lot. I figure that I read a lot and that I really enjoyed tracking my reading last year so doing a few challenges this year will be a new interesting twist on what I did last year. (Note: I do not think I am going to make my 81 book goal for 2009...so I might keep that as my total goal for 2010!)

I am going to join the Chunkster Reading Challenge which is being hosted here.

I am going to participate at the Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? level.  I will be committing to 4 Chunksters over the next twelve months. I am pretty sure I could do the 6 Chunkster level but I don't want to overextend myself before January even gets here! The one good thing is that books from other challenges can cross over with this one, so two of my choices for the Books to Read Before I Die Challenge will fit nicely with this challenge (Pillars of the Earth, The Book of Negroes).

I am really into this whole new world of book blogging and reading challenges I have discovered over the past few months and am really looking forward to 2010. I have also set a goal for myself to read less YA fiction. I usually try to read as much YA as possible in order to be able to discuss books with my students and suggest titles they might like but I have been feeling lately like it is taking over my personal reading so other than the titles I need to read for my YA reading challenge and the school board review committee I will be reading much more adult fiction this year!

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

I just LOVE the title of this level of participation. If I join (which right now is a big if) this is certainly the level I would choose :)

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe