Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Coffee, a Snuggly Dog, and Loads of Plans

Being a teacher sure does have its perks. I love that I get two weeks off at Christmas time (I don't like when people accuse me of going into teaching for the holidays) but the two weeks goes by so fast. I posted earlier about my plans to finish all my marking BEFORE Christmas because I make that promise to myself every year and it never happens. Everyone can rest assured in the comfort of knowing that same things never change because I didn't get it done again this year. However, I do have a bit of an excuse since I was hit by a terrible sinus infection the moment I turned my back on the work and started my vacation. It was like the sickness was just laying in wait for me to let my guard down, it never strikes while you are still working...oh no! That would be too easy. Needless to say the days leading up to the holiday, and actually a lot of the holiday was spent in bed wishing I could breathe.

The worst of it seems to be behind me now and I have plans, plans, plans!


The first plan of the day is to have a coffee and a snuggle with my dog. Check and check. As I write this I am enjoying a Nabob coffee made on our new Tassimo machine as my little puppy cuddles into my side. Sometimes the puppy cuddles make typing a little difficult as I have to reach OVER him to get to my MacBook, but he's such a darling it's worth it. Getting back to coffee, I am starting to feel a little like an aficionado of coffee machines. I bought a Keurig machine for my classroom last winter, we have a drip coffee maker that was a wedding gift and NOW my husband's parents have given us a Tassimo machine. There are all sorts of ways we can make you coffee when you come to visit!

I am somewhat (but not really) concerned that I have a slight coffee addiction. It always gets a little worse around my mom as she always has a pot brewed and it is usually flavoured as well. YUM. I must say that most days I limit myself to one cup while I am working, but there are the days when my teaching partner, who drinks even more than I do, talks me into making a 2nd cup to drink with him, or surprises me with a cup from Tim Horton's. At least I am not at the point, yet, where I feel like I can't get through the day without one. I'll let you all know when that happens and we can schedule an intervention!

As for the rest of the day I AM GOING TO DO SOME MARKING. I have promised myself. Then Kahne and I will be heading to the "puppy spa" to get his nails trimmed and off to my sister's for a puppy play date and dinner while my husband works late. Ahhh, it's good to be off work. Maybe this summer I will try not working summer school and see what 2 months off is like? Maybe.

P.S. Thanks to Brian at The Zoey Blog for the "Nice Person of the Week" Award! So sweet.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

I am so sorry that you were sick just as the holiday vacation began. I do think our defenses relax at the start of vacation, and the flu bug takes full advantage. I am glad that you are feeling better now.

I did complete my marking on the 20th - but the holiday is still going by waayyyy too fast! I have promised myself not to think about lesson plans until Sunday. We'll see how well I do.

Enjoy the puppy play date today :)

Diane said...

Sorry you were not feeling well, but that you are better now. (I'm looking for a pictures of your cute, little dog :)

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe