Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The December Blues

I have been suffering from the December blues. Whether they were brought on by report cards and a horrible run-in with the administration at the school, stress from Grade 8's who continue to ask me questions they already know the answers to (i.e. Which bin does this go in? Which class is it for? History. Then I would put it in the History bin.) Or my massive two-day migraine, but whatever it is I have not been myself and I think people around me are starting to notice. I think that mostly because people are asking!

I need to figure this out and find a way to get my cheer back. Maybe wrapping presents this weekend will help? One can only hope because I don't want the holidays to get here and me still be in this funk.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

I saw your link at C.B.'s books and movies challenge and followed it to your blog. I am also an English teacher for a very small private school. I teach 7th grade - 8th grade - 9th grade and 12th grade. I TOTALLY understand these December blues and I hope that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my last week --- grading all day Saturday --- and then I am home free for about 2 weeks.

I look forward to following your blog!

English Teacher said...

Molly- I am excited to meet a fellow teacher. I started in a private school my first year before moving over to a public board. 4 days left...we can make it. I will also have a tonne of marking to do over the break. My plan this year is to finish it BEFORE Christmas so I am not scrambling on the last weekend. However, that is my plan every year...and it doesn't always work out.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe