Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The First Saturday Morning of Christmas Vacation

The first wake-up of vacation is by far the sweetest. Waking up an knowing that there are quite a few days between now and when you have to go back to work is a wonderful thought.

I always have grand plans for a vacation. I say to myself..."I am going to do this, and this, and this." So much is planned to be done. Cleaning, organizing, marking, planning. It's going to be a full vacation. But then it gets to the end of vacation and so much didn't get done. LOL I am sure there won't be anything different about this one.

I am going to try and do all my marking BEFORE Christmas so I am not rushing to finish at the last minute but like anything else sometimes good plan go awry so we will have to wait and see. I already have lunch plans on Monday with a good friend, a dentist appointment on Tuesday, I need to finish my shopping and I would like to get a massage as well. This is also my last opportunity to complete the 999 Reading Challenge I set for myself this year. I have ONLY 14 books left to read to reach my 81 book total!!! Last year I read 12 books over the 2 week long holiday so it is totally do-able!! (Here is a link to my original 999 Challenge post in case anyone is interested in checking it out.)

But I suppose I had better get off my butt and start getting some stuff done. There is no time to waste when it is vacation time.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

I have only one more final to grade, which I plan to do this morning, and then I will be on a two week holiday as well!!

I am in awe that you can teach all these subjects and still find time to read 99 books in one year! WAY TO GO

English Teacher said...

Only 1 final! Wow...I wish I have a ton of marking. And it's only 81 books...99 may be next year's goal. I'll adda link to my post about the 999 Challenge in case you are interested.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe