Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thinking Back

2009


It has been quite a year. When I think back over 2009 I see a lot of bad times and difficult moments but a lot of growth too. I have much to be thankful for and a great year to look forward to in 2010. I hope that the year to come brings more good times than bad and everyone I love has a year to remember.

"Thinks" about 2009:

To my husband, it has been a difficult road for us this year. I didn't believe anyone who said the first few years of married life were hard. How could they be when we had been together for so many years before getting married? How could it really be that different? But it was and it is. I am so happy that we are in a better place and that we fought for us. Let's keeping fighting everyday, forever.

To my parents, could there be two more giving and loving people in the world? I continue to count my blessings everyday that I was born into your family and have received your love throughout my life. You are beyond generous with your time, your love and your money. I know you said you are fine and that I shouldn't worry... but really, at some point you will need to retire and I want you to be able to do it in style.

To my sister, congrats on all the happiness you have found this year. You deserve every moment of it. Your fiance is a wonderful man and your puppy is super cute. You will be a beautiful bride and I look forward to the months that come, helping you to plan and prepare for your very special day.

To my friends, you make my life full. You keep me smiling and lift me up when I am down. I know some of you have had a difficult year this year as well and I am glad to know that we were there for each other. We provided a shoulder to cry on, a ear to listen and a hug when it was needed. I think we are better friends for it and I look forward to all we will share in the future.

To the friends I have let go, I reached out to you in a time of need this year and you dropped the ball. I know everyone "gets busy" and that life moves fast, but I needed you and you never called. I spilled my heart in my lowest moment and you didn't even bat an eye. It is time to say goodbye, and good luck to you. Our friendship was just not meant to be.

To my extended family, I have a huge contingent of beautiful aunts, uncles and cousins. I love every moment we get to spend together. I am looking forward to the new babies, the new in-laws and more time spent laughing together in the year to come.

To my colleagues, I continue to learn from you everyday. I learn about the kind of teacher I want you be, and the kind of teacher I don't want to be. I foresee some changes in the future and for some of us it will be time to say goodbye and a time to move on to other things. I have appreciated the time we spent together.

To my students, you keep me going. There are days I would like nothing more than to stay in bed and spend no time whatsoever with any teenagers...but those days are far outweighed by the days that you make me laugh, make me look at something in a different way, make me learn and keep me inspired to do what I do everyday. It will be hard to say goodbye to you all in June and send you on your way to Grade 9.

To new friends made this year and re-connections made with old friends, I have treasured the time we have spent together this year, either in person or virtually online. I feel rich because of the time we spend together and the discussions we have had. All the best in 2010 and I look forward to see where our friendship takes us.

To my puppy, I love you and your cute little face.

To my reading, thank god for books.

To everything else,  thank you and all the best in 2010.

By the way...this is my 100th post. Congrats to me!

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

What a great way to celebrate a 100th post!

It seems that this year has had its ups and downs, but that you are looking forward to 2010. I wish you and your family much joy and prosperity in this new year.

Brian DeWagner said...

I LOVE this post....LOVE it! I'm stealing it...tough beans beautiful, it's essence is as good as pooched. I'll give full credit of course, but I LOVE this post!

Nice 100th lady...the kindest of acknowledgements and even more kind call outs...loved it, every damn syllable.

English Teacher said...

Thanks buddy. That means A LOT...A LOT. Have a great night tonight.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe