Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, January 11, 2010

Battle of the Bards

Now I love a good sports bracket as much as the next girl, but this is AWESOME!! Padfoot and Prongs are hosting a Battle of the Bards, a bracket contest to see which Shakespeare play is the best. This is a bracket tailor-made for literary geeks...like me!! (Note: My husband just shook his head and walked away when I talk him about it, but I am excited!)

Here is the bracket line-up created by Padfoot and Prongs:


All the rules and details are on their website, and like most brackets it's all pure guessing. There is quite a line-up of prizes if you win and you can group in all your friends to vote for your choices each week! Go to the blog to check it out.

I'm not going to post my picks yet...obviously! But I will do so after the contest deadline. Come on and play!

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

I somehow missed this post - but what a GREAT idea! I don't feel comfortable enough with all his works (I am really only familiar with a select few), so not sure I will play the game. I will, however, follow the progress with baited breath!

Good luck!

English Teacher said...

Molly: Isn't it fun? Othello is my absolute favourite Shakespeare play but I could really see it winning so I had to go with other choices in my bracket...I am excited to see how it plays out.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe