Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kreative Blogger

My wonderful old friend (and by old I mean we have been friends for a long time) Serena over at not too serious I hope has given me my first "blog award". (I am still not really sure how this whole blog award thing works but I am going to roll with it.)







Before I get into the award I want to say that Serena and I lost touch for quite a few years after we graduated as we got our lives sorted out, started our teaching careers, and I moved away. We are on each other's Facebooks but like most social networking sites it isn't actually all that good for keeping in touch with people. However, in the last month or so as Serena has taken up blogging while she is at home caring for her beautiful baby we have been communicating more and more. I have been able to share with her some of the stuff I have learned since I started blogging in the summer (thanks again, Brian!) and we are actually much more aware of each other's lives. I even see a visit in the near future- what do you think Serena?


Now on to the award...


So, with this award, I'm supposed to tell you seven interesting things about myself and pass it on to 7 other creative bloggers... 


Hmmm..


1. I have 2 tattoos- one is a Canadian maple leaf on on right ankle. I had been wanting it for years after my first tattoo and finally went to get it with my husband after our wedding. He got a maple leaf as well which I drew as a celtic knot as a nod to his Irish background. My first/ third tattoo was just recently updated in November 2009 and you can read about it here


2. I am the oldest child of two girls. My parents were/are the oldest children in both their families. This has led to a lot of problems as my sister believes none of the three of us can possibly understand her as a youngest child.


3. I have the cutest dog on the planet. He is half beagle and half pug = puggle. His name is Kahne.


4. I am a teacher. It's not my job, it's not what I do, it's who I am.


5. I often choose books based on their length because if it's too short  read it too quickly.


6. My best friend calls my a pygmy because I am 5' 4" and she is 5' 11". I call her an amazon.


7. My mom is one of my closest friends. We hold hands while we shop, talk at least 4 times a week and I adore her.


Now to pass this on...


1. Brian at The Zoey Blog
3. Book Psmith
4. hcmurdoch at Murdoch's Musings
5. Molly at my cozy book nook
6. The Canadian Enthusiast at The Canadian Enthusiast
7. Jill at The O.W.L.



5 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

I was thinking the very same thing!!! time to catch up for real!
p.s. i think the last time we hung out was at the barking frog a million years ago!

Beth said...

I have no idea how you remember that!

Diane said...

Thanks for passing along the award Beth. I love that you and your mom are like best friends -- very sweet. (Time for a picture of the Cutest Dog Ever) !!

Beth said...

Diane: If you scroll to the bottom of my blog there is a picture on the right hand side.

hcmurdoch said...

Thank you for the award! It's funny; I think of my main blog as http://helensbookblog.blogspot.com, but you gave it to my school blog. Cool!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe