Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Salon- Introduction

The First Ever Thinking of Thinking Sunday Salon
For the past few weeks I have been seeing these "Sunday Salon" posts on a few people's blogs and kind of wondering what it is all about. I have also noticed that a few people have a variety of weekly posts, something they do every Monday, etc and have been thinking if I would like to do that as well. So, being the good english teacher/ researcher that I am I "googled" Sunday Salon. (Note: Do you ever wonder how people knew stuff before Google? I mean really?) I came across the website, maybe it's a blog, it's hard to tell, where the Sunday Salon phenomena was all laid out for me.


According to the website it is described as "an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book." Perfect! That's exactly what I do on Sundays anyway. I like this idea and my compliments go out to whoever thought of it. The website indicates that on Sundays we should read and then blog about our reading. Things we could include in our posts are: 
-- time spent reading
-- pages read
-- information about current reading
-- your reaction to the book
-- link to this page (The Sunday Salon page)

So here goes!





0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe