Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Salon- January 10th




I haven't been reading very much this week and it's probably a combination of things leading to this:
1) the first week back to school and I was swamped
2) tired, tired, tired; it's hard to believe I actually had two weeks off where I slept in, A LOT
3) I felt such a push to try and meet my 81 book total for 2009 by the end of the year that I am a little burnt out from reading (gasp, shock! I know)

I am sure it will all work out soon and I have even started a new book today. I have been reading a lot of blogs and stuff for school, but somehow that never seems to register with me as reading. This is crazy since I tell my students all the time that "reading is reading", it doesn't matter what it is as long as it's words on a page. I wonder why when it comes to my own reading I only count books?


I have just started "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks today and I am planning on watching the movie and writing a review as part of the Read the Book/ Watch the Movie Challenge. So on that note, I am going to sign off and continue with my reading. Hopefully, this week involves more page turning and I'll have more to tell y'all next week.

Have a happy Monday tomorrow.

6 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

serena said...

hey -- where do all these challenges come from???

Padfoot and Prongs - Good Books Inc. said...

Heyy!! Thanks so much for signing up for our little contest!! Just a reminder to get your bracket predictions into us either with a comment or e-mail (pnppprinting1@gmail.com) before monday. If you have any qus don't be afraid to ask!! Best of luck!

-Prongs

Ricardo M. said...

I love to read a good book. When I start I just don't want to put them down until they're done (even if it's 3am and the little hand on the clock doesn't have to move much further before I'm supposed to be getting up for school). However, with three young kids who are involved in sports, I can't seem to stay awake long enough at night to be able to get a few pages read, let alone an entire book. That being said, the best one I've read recently was "Teacher Man", a memoir by Frank McCourt (also wrote Angela's Ashes). I smiled throughout. As a teacher in New York he really did make a meaningful impact on the lives of many students. Something to aspire to in my career.

English Teacher said...

Ricardo- Angela's Ashes is on my Books to Read Before I Die list, and I just bought a copy from Chapters. Very excited.

Diane said...

Wondering about your thoughts on Dear John? I use to read ALL of Spark's books but suddenly gave up on him a few years ago. I did love the NF Three Weeks With My Brother.

English Teacher said...

Diane: I really enjoyed Dear John actually. I felt a little teary eyed in places but nothing like The Notebook. My husband came home to find me sobbing in bed after reading that!! LOL I would highly recommend it for a nice light read and I am looking forward to the movie. I'll probably post a review of it in a few days when my thoughts have settled.

What are you reading now?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe