Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday Thursday Thursdays





Thursday is my favourite day of the week. Always has been and probably always will be.

Photo cred

I like it because it's not quite the weekend but the anticipation is there and the excitement of some time off and fun plans is building.

I like it because the kids are tired after almost 4 days of school, but not over the top tired that's exploded into giddiness like on Fridays.

I like it because I only allow myself to get Starbucks on Friday mornings which means I am currently only a mere 12 hours away from a grande skinny vanilla latte with an extra shot of expresso (believe me, you need that extra shot on Fridays when teaching children).

Thursdays have long been my favourite TV day of the week. It goes back to the days of "Must See TV": Friends, Will & Grace, ER, Mad About You. Nowadays, it's Survivor and Grey's Anatomy. However, I must say that the other days are really fighting back hard this year. Wednesdays is a super close second now thanks to Glee, and really any day So You Think You Can Dance is on is a good day with me.

I tossed around the idea of catching up on my marking tonight, I actually haven't done anything since we got back from holidays. I feel a little guilty about it, but not enough to actually do the marking...my big plan is that tomorrow while my students are working on their assignments I can get some stuff done then. Hopefully. Maybe?

At least I'll have Starbucks!

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

What a delightful post! I never thought about Thursdays being a day when the kids are tired, and not quite overly anxious for the weekend. Great observation!

You brought back television memories -- I LOVED Mad About You (although my first love was Thirty-something). And I have just discovered Glee.

Enjoy your Friday Starbucks - and I hope you are able to get some marking done at school so you do not have to feel guilty about it over the weekend :)

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe