Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Awards!

I received the Bliss (Happy 101) Award from Ms. Martins Teaches Media. Thanks so much...I needed it this week!




I am supposed to make a list of 10 things that make me happy...


1. seeing my husband and my puppy cuddling
2. shopping with my mom
3. hearing my dad laugh
4. Canada winning a gold medal at home
5. listening to my students read their own poetry and seeing them getting excited about poetry
6. picture books
7. taking yearbook photos
8. 86 days left of school
9. chocolate chip cookies
10. friends


I am going to pass this on to:


Brian at The Zoey Blog
SB at not too serious I hope
Kristi at PeetSwea
Molly at my cozy book nook
Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea 


I've also received the Beautiful Blogger Award from Kristi at PeetSwea. Thanks so much. It means a lot to me that people out there are interested at all in reading what I have to say once, let alone on a daily basis! I truly, truly appreciate it!



Here are the rules:

  • Thank and link to the person that gave you the award.
  • Pass this award onto 15 bloggers you’ve recently discovered and think are fantastic.
  • Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won
  • State 7 things about yourself
15 is A LOT of blogs to list here so I will just do the ones I have found most recently:




And finally, 7 things about me that you may not know:

  • My great-uncle founded the newspaper in my hometown and my father built the first all electric house there!
  • I have a major purse fetish. I rarely return from a shopping trip without one.
  • I still call my dad "Daddy" most of the time, and I have never been able to get mad at him for more than a few minutes.
  • I cry at almost everything- Olympic medal ceremonies, phone commercials, books.
  • I love the drama of the Olympics. Love. It.
  • I rarely do only one thing at a time. I am a serial multi-tasker. 
  • It is my dream to be a librarian someday.

7 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

yippee!!! thanks so so much...have a good two weeks girlio!!! try anyhow! oh and sleep well tonight.

SB said...

you are without a doubt the best multi-tasker I know. always were.

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

I cry at everything too!

Thanks for the award and for bringing me over to your blog!

Sara said...

Congrats on your awards and thank you so much for passing it on to me! I totally agree with the multi-tasking too :)

Diane said...

Congrats on your awards Beth, and thanks for passing one on to me; very sweet.

Melissa said...

congratulations on your awards! :)

Laura said...

Thanks girl, that is very sweet!!

Have a great weekend :)

Laura

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe