Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, February 12, 2010

Just Visiting

I am off in Ottawa, Canada's capital, with 50 13 year-olds for their Grade 8 trip. Pray for me! J/K...I wrote a few posts ahead of time to keep up with my blog while I am away. 


I've started to branch out and do some visiting. Just who am I visiting? Why you all, of course. I've decided to go back, waaaaay back in some cases and visit posts from when some of my favourite blogs were first created! Fabulous, right?


Since I am relatively new still to this whole blog thing (not yet been blogging a year), I wanted to see how the pros got started.

Some interesting things I found:

Both Book Psmith and Bibliophile by the Sea started out with enviable lists of books read and reviews. I have no idea how you get all that done? I thought I was a prolific reader, but I have nothing on so many of the people here in the blogging community.

It's Not All Flowers and Sausages seems to have jumped right in and started posting fabulous stories about teaching. Ms. Mimi is beyond hilarious and does it all while wearing awesome heels. I love reading her blog everyday and that she frequently links back to older posts so I can catch up on the stuff I missed before I found her.

my cozy book nook outlines Molly's happy discovery of book blogs and reading challenges and reads as if I wrote it myself. When I first discovered this fascinating world of blogging, and blogging about reading I was awed. There are people like me...people who LOVE TO READ!! Maybe this is why my cozy book nook is one of my favourite places to visit everyday.

Nat the Fat Rat is my ultimate. I love how she words the things she writes about. I love the way her mind works and I wish, wish, wish I could meet her for coffee, just even once! Her blog jumps right in with a post on her love of "the Target". Ohhh, I wait for her new posts....

The Zoey Blog...my inspiration for starting my own blog. I am super intrigued to travel back in time with my friends and discover how Zoey's name became Zoey when by my understanding of the first few posts she was called Ella pre-birth. I love me a new mystery, and of course Brian's wonderful writing style. I am counting down the days until I can go to Chapters and buy many, many copies of anything he has written.

It's been a fun trip down memory lane!

4 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Melissa said...

It's so much fun to visit your blogging inspirations :)

Kristi said...

I love getting recommendations for new blogs to check out! Heading over to see them now :-)

Diane said...

Thanks so much for mentioning me/my blog. I'm glad I you enjoyed some of my posts. (I get to read and review a lot because, I have not been working for the last 10 months--no kids at home either, so lots of free time).

Molly said...

You are too sweet! I am glad to have found your blog and look forward to following you this year!

You have mentioned some blogs that are new to me -- so I will be doing some visiting myself this weekend :)

Will be thinking of you and those 50 8th graders. Hope all is going well.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe