Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, February 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I have been thinking for a while now that I should plan my meals because I hate coming home and having to decide what to cook...so this week I am starting Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie and introduced to me by PeetSwea.


I actually did my menu plan on Saturday night because I went grocery shopping on Sunday Morning so Sunday's meals are included in this week's plan.

Sunday: Cream of Cauliflower soup/ Sante Fe Chicken Fajita Soup (freeze leftovers for lunches)

Monday: Mac Attack mac n' cheese from the LooneySpoons cookbook (changed to frozen pizza because I ended up coaching basketball until 6pm! More on that later)

Tuesday: Mini Muffin Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and veggies

Wednesday: Chicken and Rice Casserole with Vegetables

Friday: If you don't go out for a friend's birthday, I'll cook the Mac Attack this night

Saturday: Hubby's turn to cook (he just doesn't know it it! LOL)

I have also decided to try one new recipe a week in order to expand my culinary repertoire (doesn't that sound cool?) so if you have a family favourite I would love for you to pass it on. We aren't super adventurous- not too spicy, or too out there, but I'm willing to give most things a whirl.

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Kristi said...

Good for you! The Mac Attack and Cheese sounds really good :-)

SB said...

I will try to remember to send you an awesome meatloaf recipe...can I trade you for your chicken casserole one? good planning!!!

Rona's Home Page said...

I love MPM! I get lots of inspiration from the various participants. It definitely helps us from getting bored.
You have a yummy meal plan.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe