Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Saturday of Possibilities

Sigh...my weekend of freedom continues to stretch out before me. I slept in (kind of, since I normally wake up at 6:30, I consider 8:30 sleeping in) however, I awoke to my dog ON my entire pillow and myself sleeping on the bed sans pillow. Fun. The hubby graciously got up to walk the dog as I promised to walk him later while all the important sporting events are on. We have cleaned the house, started the laundry and are planning to head to early matinee at 1:30. After that? Who knows. The time is ours.

I spent some time in bed this morning reading The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill which I am loving. If you haven't read it yet I would say that it is a MUST!. Every page is gripping and descriptive, I wish I never had to put it down. I am hoping to finish it today and move on to one of my review committee books as I still have 4 to read before March 9th. I will post a review when I have finished it, as well.

In some exciting (well at least to me) blog news, I discovered that Blogger now offers us the ability to make pages on our blogs. I moved my "Currently Reading" list and "Reading Challenge" list to their own separate pages and the links are under my header at the top now. I have discovered a couple new blogs today as well through The Saturday Network and links on other blogs I follow.

All in all, I can say it has been a successful start to my weekend!

5 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Shy said...

The bit about your dog surely is funny and as I scrolled down and see her (or his?) face, OMG, so cute! I hope your weekend is fantastic this week. Happy Saturday!

Kathy Martin said...

I'll have to try out that new Blogger tool. I feel like I am constantly tweaking my blog to make it better (or just wasting large quantities of time on it ;-) anyway). Hope the rest of your Saturday is exactly as you hope it will be.

SB said...

you did it! you did it!!!

Beth said...

SB...I did! I did!! Thanks so much. I sent you a Facebook msg about the endeavour.

Kristi said...

I've got a dog who somehow ends up curled up where my knees should be every morning. It would be annoying if she wasn't so cute :)

I am going to have to check out the new Blogger tools too - I like the new 3-column format!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe