Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sleeping...

One would think that after the last 6 days I would be tired...well, actually I am tired but I can't sleep. It's one of those nights when I can't seem to turn my head off. I can't stop thinking...about reports due in 2 weeks, the Olympic Winter Carnival I am running in two weeks, the books I need to finish reading and review in two weeks...I might be dead in two weeks.

When I can't sleep it leads me to thinking, thinking and wishing...

I wish there were more hours in the day.

I wish more people would stand up and offer to help.

I wish more students could see the long term consequences of their choices.

I wish I knew if I would regret not having kids when I am older.

I wish my mom and my sister wouldn't fight all the time.

I wish my dad wouldn't work so hard.

I wish I could have a 2nd dog.

I wish more of my friends lived closer to me, or I to them.

I wish I hadn't lost touch with some people, and I am sad that I am glad I lost touch with others. Because really, what does that say about me?

I wish there was more time for reading.

I wish I had unlimited funds for my school.

I wish people would grow up and leave 10th grade.

I wish people cared more about others and less about celebrities.

I wish I was asleep.

5 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

that's a lot of wishing.
first one that caught my eyes: I wish more students could see the long term consequences of their choices. Me too. That is why I could not teach high school. the consequences were too visible to me. and it broke my heart.
as for wishing you knew if you'd regret not having kids -- you don't want any, then? just curious...it's a fair thing. I should have thought about it more thoroughly before I did. not b/c I made a mistake, but b/c I was really ignorant to what it entailed.
As for the celebrity one. I hear you. sometimes it's just head in the sand syndrome, and our culture perpetuates that!

p.s. it's okay to not want to be friends with some people...my mom taught me a long time ago that it's okay to not like someone...just don't try to actively hurt them!:-)

Kathy Martin said...

Good luck on the sleeping thing! I have given you an award. Check out my blog here to find out about it.

Beth said...

SB- this is why we are friends, and why I miss you, and why I want us to get together as soon as possible.

I still haven't decided really about kids. I am leaning towards no but am scared I will regret it.

Kathy- thanks!

Kristi said...

It's amazing how we're often unable to sleep when we most need the rest. You've said a lot of poignant things - many that I think about myself.

I've given you a little something here. So glad that I came across your blog!

SB said...

heya -- come see me whenever...it's a bit harder for me to uproot..but we have an extra bedroom and i am in need of a catch up with some booze!!!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe