Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Thrill of Crossing off a To-do List

Today has been a day that dreams are made of. Well, dreams of an organizing, list-making nerd like me. I didn't officially make a list for today but I had one in my head of what I wanted to do and get done. Here's what it looked like inside my head...

1) Sleep in
2) Clean the house
3) Complete ALL the laundry
4) Go to a matinee
5) Make mexican lasagna for dinner and have enough to freeze for leftovers
6) Play around with Thinking of Thinking and look into creating 3 columns
7) Finish The Book of Negroes (still a possibility)  (finished at 9:30pm! Success!)

http://img.letssingit.com/members/736874/to_do_list.jpg


How satisfying! How invigorating! I love to make to-do lists but very rarely complete them. Things always get moved over to the next day. My mom said that one of the "games" I would play as a kid would be list making. She would find me in my room writing out lists of all sorts of things. Toys. Books. Friends. Whatever. It seems I was into organization even at a young age!

I love the feeling of having so many things completed. I am one of those people that always feels a little guilty when I am sitting around relaxing because I could be doing something productive. I come by this very honestly. You should meet my dad! I actually kind of dread the summer because two months is a looooong time to have no set schedule. That's a big reason why I teach summer school, apart from the money, but it cuts summer down to a month! :)

But today the list was finished..or nearly so, since all I have left is to read my book and I am already snuggled into jogging pants and a nice glass (or two) of a merlot-melbac...imagine what tomorrow could bring?

How did your Saturday go?

5 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

so far so good! hey, how do you do your bottom: you might like these links???

Molly said...

I like the 3 column format - I love the page tabs - I think mexican lasagna sounds delicious - sleeping in is always a treat - and going to matinee sounds fabulous! GREAT DAY FOR YOU!!

My day was nearly as productive. Spent 3 hours at the Spring store getting new phones for daughter and husband; went grocery shopping; prepared pies for tomorrow's sunday dinner :)

Hope you have a great Sunday to match today!

Beth said...

Molly, thanks for the fabulous comment, it was a great day...and now I have finished The Book of Negroes so it got even better for me.

What kind of pies are you making? I am not a baker..I not a huge fan of having to measure. LOL

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Thank you for participating in The Saturday Network!

And, yay, for to-do lists! I like making them too, but I almost never complete them, lol. You got a lot accomplished today (wow, all the laundry AND a matinee), and I'm glad you feel proud of yourself. :D

Kristi said...

Wow! I don't remember ever having a day where I accomplished everything that I set out to do. Kudos to you!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe