Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WWW Wednesday

I am off in Ottawa, Canada's capital, with 50 13 year-olds for their Grade 8 trip. Pray for me! J/K...I wrote a few posts ahead of time to keep up with my blog while I am away. 






This weekly meme is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.  
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
I should let you know that I am writing this post ahead of time (as per the disclaimer above...), so I can partially answer these questions.
1. I am currently reading...well, I am unsure. As of 7:15 this morning I boarded a bus with 50 13-year olds and 4 other teachers for a 5 hour bus trip to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada for three days. I am one of those people that is able to read while in a moving vehicle but as of right now (it's actually Sunday as I write this) I am not sure what books I will take with me. I was thinking of taking Under the Dome by Stephen King, but's pretty big to lug around for three days. Then I was thinking of taking a few of my review committee books because they are easy reads and I won't need to focus as much on them in case I need to discipline unruly teens on route to our nation's capital. Or perhaps the new Steve Berry book I picked up last weekend while shopping with my sister....I guess I'll have to let you all know when I get back.
2. As of Sunday I have finished reading The Book of Negroes (you can read about my thoughts here). If anyone can recommend a book along the lines of this book I would LOVE to hear about it.
3. What do I want to read next?? EVERYTHING!!! and it's driving me crazy. I honestly can't seem to pin it done right now because I have no much I want to read and just don't know what to start with....le sigh.


I have signed up to do the Catcher in the Rye read-along at Book Nut. I some how missed this book in high school and read it myself a few years ago. I am excited about starting and seeing what people think because to be honest a lot of it went way over my head! (LOL)...except that I can't find my copy anywhere. 



1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Kristi said...

Have a great time in Ottawa! I know what you mean about wanting to read EVERYTHING!!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe