Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WWW Wednesday

This weekly meme is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.  
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

I am currently reading Shadow Speaker by Nnedi Okorafor-mbachu



It is for my school board's review committee and is a pretty interesting book. It is set in 2070 when the Earth has gone through a big change. magic has returned to earth, there are metahumans (mutants) that have special powers and connections between Earth and other worlds. 


I am not really sure how I feel about the book yet but I know it intrigues me. The two main characters are very powerful women who have already defeated a man...always cause for celebration! Go Feminism! I really want to keep reading and find out what happens but...Canada is playing Russia in the quarter-finals!


I just finished reading Steve Berry's The Paris Vendetta which I thought was amazing. I love books where I get to learn something, there is a little mystery, thrill and intrigue. It just keeps me on my toes! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good book and is a fan of Dan Brown and that sort of story.


Next, I am going to read...I am not really sure of the titles but I know I have a few more books to finish before my review committee meeting on March 9th! Not to mention all the reviews to write....woe is me! :)

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

you can do it! when i was writing about people who fill their days full -- i was thinking particularly of you!
SB


not too serious i hope

Cleverly Inked said...

Currently reading a Sherrilyn Kenyon book


I just finished Arcadia Falls


And I have no I dea about whats next

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe