Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, March 8, 2010

Change of Thought

I've been thinking for awhile now that it is time to change...change schools, change grades, change something. It's about this time of year when postings start coming out for openings in schools and teachers start to interview out. Now there was a time when I wasn't nervous about going to a new school, actually I was in three schools in three years. But now I have been in this school for 4 years, I have made some great friends, I know the families and the students, I am seen as a leader on the staff and have been able to make headway with some of my passions- Me to We. So how do you know when it's time to leave and start agains?

So I started with my background... fun right?

5 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Kathy Martin said...

I'm not really the one to respond here. I spent 20 years at my first school and only left because they eliminated my position. I have been in my current schoo for 14 years and will stay here until I retire. I am able to retire now but would prefer to work for another 6 years.

I really don't like to move and start over. My situation may be different though because my moves also meant moving to new homes in new cities since my two schools were about 200 miles apart. I might be more eager to move if I were younger or could change jobs without having to change homes.

Good luck with your decision.

Kristi said...

Love the new look! Change is tough and I am big ole' chicken so I am probably no the one to give you the best advice. Hope what you decide is what leads to the most happiness!

SB said...

very nice! how'd you find the time???
and, I dunno when one knows...I used to think change was a necessity to grow. but i dunno. there's something to be said for forming roots. one can change how she approaches teaching, and every year the kids change, so there is always change. so it's up to you...are you feeling stifled? is the motivating factor one that can be resolved if you move? hm...I wonder the same things...
SB




not too serious i hope

Beth said...

SB- I stayed home sick today so that helped with the time issue. I've been waylaid by a crazy chest infection since last Wednesday...brutal.

It's something I've been thinking about for awhile, I'm sure I'll post more and we can discuss.

Molly said...

It's always a good idea to start small:) I love the new background!

Best of luck on making decisions that are right for you at this time in life.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe