Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Charlotte, My Dear, I Do Give A Damn

Here's a great quote from Charlotte's Web I came across today...

“You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what’s a life, anyway? We’re born, we live a little while, we die. A spider’s life can’t help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone’s life can stand a little of that.”
(
Charlotte’s Web)

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Cleverly Inked said...

Inspiring and wonderful

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Beautiful prose!

Like many others, I read Charlotte's Web as a child and loved it for its story of friendship and farmyard adventure. I don't recall such lovely writing, though! But it makes sense that this classic novel wouldn't be so beloved if it didn't wrap up its story in such wonderful turns of phrase.

PS--I found you through the Blog Hop!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe