Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, March 15, 2010

Greetings from St. Pete Beach!

Today was our first official full day in Florida and already I can feel all the stress melting away. We slept in this morning and woke up when we did...no alarm, no time lines, no nothing. I strolled down to the lobby to get a gingerbread latte from Starbucks and then drank it in bed while I ate fruit salad and read "The Pillars of the Earth"...how luxurious is that?

By mid-morning we decided to spend our first day shopping at the outlet malls and then hit the pool mid-after noon-ish. We found some great deals and I am very pleased with the outlets here in Florida- some of my favourite brands- Jones New York, Ann Taylor, The Gap, etc, etc. I am all stocked up on Clinique, new jeans, sun dresses and sandals. Awesome.

We spent a little time by the pool, ate a fabulous Waldorf Chicken salad for a late lunch and are now napping, showering and getting ready for dinner. I can't believe I said no so many times before I said yes to going away. This has been a great trip and really all we have done is drive, sleep, eat and shop! I am looking forward to some more pool time tomorrow and sleeping in again...what a life, eh?

I hope everyone else is having as good a week as I, or that you are planning a vacation in the near future. I promised myself this year that I would balance life and work better so vacationing was definitely the way to go. For the past few years I have taught the after school class two days a week, ran the March Break Day camp and taught a month of summer school. It was time to break that cycle and take some time for ME! Glorious free time to sit and talk with my best friend, to shop and spend all the money I earned working those after school classes and eat, drink and be merry in the sun. Le sigh.

4 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

Oh my --- beach, gingerbread latte, waldorf salad and reading -- does it get any better than that?!

Sounds like you are having a great time!!

Cleverly Inked said...

I was so awesome out today. I got a nice tan. Happy Florida to you!

Diane said...

Sounds like you are having an awesome time --shopping for sure :)

hcmurdoch said...

sounds like the perfect getaway for someone on spring break! Enjoy yourself and relax even more.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe