Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, March 8, 2010

One bad thing...

...about being sick is all the sleep you get during the day, and then can't do during the night! I don't want to take any drugs, because at this point I would be all muddled in the morning so now I am just doomed to be tired. Which is worse I wonder? Tired or drug muddled? 4 days before March Break? Probably tired. Drug muddled would mean I would care less about the children's shenanigans, excepting that I received an email today while home sick (yes, I checked my work email while I was home sick- that's another post for another day) and learned that one of my naughty boys was suspended. Ahhhh, early holiday for all.

So here I sit, 11:30 on a Monday night. I feel tired but I can't sleep. I tried counting backwards from 100 but really, that never works. I tried reading my book but I am really enjoying it and then I get all interested and don't want to start reading. I tried snuggling with the hubby and the puppy but they are all hot and it then I got hot and no one can fall asleep when they are hot. I checked my text messages (I heard my cell beep), I checked Facebook- nothing, and then landed here on blogger.

I wish some of you all couldn't sleep either because then I would be able to read all sorts of lovely posts from you. But I take that back, I don't wish sleeplessness on anyone. What a horrible person that would make me.

So what to do?? If I fell asleep RIGHT now I would get 7 hours sleep...would that be enough not to be drug muddled or tired? I do have a Keurig coffee machine in my classroom so that could fuel me through the day especially since I don't have prep till last period. (I mean really, what use is prep last period? The day is OVER!) Hmmm, maybe some juice and another 1/2 hour reading...? Lord, 6:30 will be here before I know it!

4 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

DUTA said...

The main thing is to get the minimum of seven hours sleep out of the 24 hours.
We usually sleep at night, but if for some reason (sickness for instance)we get our sleep during the day and we don't feel sleepy at night, that's not so terrible.
Find something to do until morning.
The only thing that matters is that you get your full quota of daily sleep.

hcmurdoch said...

I so feel for you. Being sick is bad enough, but not sleeping (and then going to teach?!) is horrible. Feel better, but don't take the drousy-muddle-making medicine, it's just icky.

SB said...

I hate not sleeping at night. I never noticed how short nights were until I began to nurse a child. they are truly far too short. who created this 24 hour system anyhow?

StephTheBookworm said...

I definitely get where you're coming from on this one!

That's hilarious to hear about one of your "naughty boys." I wonder what he did to get suspended?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe