Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Earth Day for More Days

Tomorrow is Earth Day!


In the spirit of tomorrow's celebrations I thought I would post today about some of my favourite eco-iniatives. I am not the "green queen" as we call the fabulous teacher at my school who runs the Green Club but I am firm believer in doing all we can to help our Earth, even in small ways. Take a look at some if the eco-actions I have taken, and you can too.


PlanetFesto


PlanetFesto wants to build a ribbon, a virtual ribbon, around the world to express our love for the planet and to make a pledge for what we will do to help keep it safe. It's a planet manifesto- a planetfesto! You can choose an image or upload your own and make a promise to your home.


Here is mine!


Reusable Water Bottles


Read this and you will be running to get a reusable bottle and NEVER use a plastic bottle again!


I just recently purchased 3 Sigg water bottles and am loving them!


Reusable Shopping Bags


Here in Ontario there are fewer places where we can even get plastic bags for free, and really who would want one when the reusable ones are sooo much cuter?? Keep some in your car, your purse, and take them with you!


Need some bags??


Smart Bag


Enviro Sax


Compost


Why not? They pick it up at your curb, at least the do here, and food waste is just not good in a landfill!
Organics in landfills break down anaerobically, producing methane gas...
a substance 20 times more powerful than carbon dioxide as a contributor to climate change.
http://www.resourceconservation.mb.ca/cap/why.html

I would love to hear about what everyone is doing to help our home as well! Any good tips?




2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Milli said...

Happy earth day! My teacher is BIG on the environment so we've been picking up garbage in the school yard all day:]

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Lots of great environmental tips!! I'm checking out the Sigg bottles now.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm following you now :)

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe