Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, April 25, 2010

EW Summer Reading Challenge

Do I need another reading challenge? I haven't "failed" any of the ones I've signed up for yet...but I haven't finished any either. Hmmm, such a conundrum.


Here's what I am talking about- Booking Mama is hosting the EW Summer Reading Challenge based on Entertainment Weekly's top 18 books people are looking forward to this summer. Since there are a few books that I am waiting for already I figure it shouldn't a HUGE stretch to finish this challenge. 


Here are the books I was already planning to read:
MOCKINGJAY, Suzanne Collins
THE SHORT SECOND LIFE OF BREE TANNER, Stephenie Meyer 


These ones I found particularly interesting

THE PARTICULAR SADNESS OF LEMON CAKE, Aimee Bender
RED HOOK ROAD, Ayelet Waldman
THIS BODY OF DEATH, Elizabeth George

That would put me at the Guppy Level (4-6 books) if I read them all, however I think in order to ensure success I am going to sign up for the Polliwog Level (1-3 books). 


Will you join the fun?

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Julie P. said...

I don't blame you for starting with polliwog(plus it's such a cute level.) I'm in the same boat with challenges. I just couldn't resist this one!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe