Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happiness Is...

Things that made me happy today: 
(in no particular order)
  • It's Thursday! I have a huge, undying love for Thursdays. They are relaxing in a way that Fridays can never be. Fridays are a frantic rush to the weekend. Thursdays are a leisurely stroll towards some time off. Fridays are fast-paced and frenzied as they count down the moments until freedom. Thursdays are quiet and calm in their belief that the weekend is so close. Fridays are time to party, have a drink after work, get somewhere for the weekend. Thursdays are couches and must-see TV. See? Thursdays rule.
  • I have no more interviews to go to. Last night's principal was running behind schedule so my 9:00 interview didn't start until 9:40, which meant I didn't get home until way after 10. Now all I can do is wait and try to figure out which school is my number one choice.
  • We are going to have breakfast for dinner. Eggs and bacon, yummy.
  • One of my students wrote a fantastic letter in her literacy log about setting and how the character's description of the setting illustrated the emotions of the character. Just awesome.
  • Survivor is on tonight. Addiction...it's the only word for it.
  • I started Sex Ed. with my grade 8's today and it wasn't awful.
  • I found an awesome introductory lesson for my Hamlet unit.  
  • These shoes. And the fact that you can make your own! But only in the US (that actually makes me sad)
  • The Kobo E-reader. Only $149.00 and it comes with 100 free classic title. But would I like an e-reader? Any thoughts??
  • Relaxing on the couch.
  • Walking the dog.
  • I can wear jeans tomorrow.
  • Starting another book on my list for the Read Before I Die Challenge
I hope everyone's Thursday was as good as mine!

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

1. I love thursdays so much too!
2. I started watching survivor with you in second year university when you lived in that one house....

remember?

happy thursday!

Molly said...

I love your attitude toward Thursdays. I have the same infatuation with Friday evenings: it is the very start to the weekend and provides endless possibilities for the next two days off.

I am anxious to hear where you will be teaching next year.

Beth said...

Molly, I am anxious to hear as well. The library position is my first choice but I am not holding out hopes that I will get it as I have no experience.

SB, the house on Richmond?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe