Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Long Weekend

I am off to the land of my birth for the Easter weekend. Not it's not actually another country, but close enough. I grew up on the border with Michigan in south-western Ontario and it takes 3.5 (ish) hours to drive there depending on traffic (and speed). I am currently waiting for my husband to arrive home from work so we can pack the car and head off into the sunset...literally.

It will be a weekend of golfing (for the boys), shopping (for the girls), birthday parties, learning to knit from my grandma, Easter dinners and sleeping in. It will also be a weekend without my sister. One of the hardest things about growing up and getting engaged and becoming part of a new family is that sometimes you have to spend the holidays with people other than your own. So my sister and her fiance will be with his family this weekend, showing off the rock as they have not yet seen it and I will have to make do without my sister at home. Not the funnest of times.

I like my sister. A. Lot. We get along well, have fun together and like the same things. Hanging out with her is one of my favourite things to do (awwww, so sweet right?). But not this holiday, not this year.

Now I bet you all are thinking that my sister and I live super far apart and the holidays are our only chance to see each other, right? Not actually. We are about 1/2 hour a way, if traffic is good, but we get so caught up in our crazy, busy lives we don't see each other as much as I would like.

Hey, Jen? Let's change that!

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

Happy EASTER!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe