Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Proud and Positive

I am working hard to stay positive at work everyday, I never realized how hard teaching Grade 8 would be compared to Grade 7. I miss my sweet little 12 year olds. 13 year olds and 14 year olds seem a little monstrous these days (Not ALL, obviously but the "bad" kids always seem to make their presence known). I am finding myself lost in negativity and wishing I could claw and climb my way out of my funk. The art journal seems to be helping as it is a creative outlet for each day. I am pretty sure that by the end of the 6 weeks I will be hooked, it may be a whole new past time for me. Imagine the possibilities...an art journal of my reading, of my dreams, of my family, the list could go on and on and on....


This is the tissue paper collage I did today, and I am super proud of it. I am waaaaay better at the "crafty" stuff as compared to the art and drawing stuff. I think in the future I will remember that. 

It doesn't have to look like the teacher's!

On a completely (yet not) unrelated note:

One of my favourite bloggers, Nat the Fat Rat, had a delurking day awhile back. Everyone that visits her blog but never leaves comments was asked to de-lurk themselves and leave a comment. I loved it!! I try to comment as often as possible, but sometimes I am a lurker. 

So today I am asking that everyone de-lurk themselves and leave me a comment. 

Write about a ray of sunshine from your life that I can wrap myself in and feel good about and wake up smiling at the thought of tomorrow.

6 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

I am de-lurked...nice art, beth!!!

Kristi said...

Hi there! Glad that the art journal is giving you the creative outlet that you need. I've been in a bit of a funk myself - maybe I need to find my outlet!

Kathy Martin said...

Love your art but having a hard time thinking about a source of sunshine. I think I'll have to look around more closely to find something positive.

Helen's Book Blog said...

De-lurking...I had a great day 2 of my poetry slam today in the library. Standing room only audience. Tomorrow are the finals, then I'll post about it.

Beth said...

Thanks!!!
Kristi and Kathy- I am sad to hear that you both are feeling a little blue as well. I hope it clears up soon.

SB- you never lurk!

glueandpaint said...

I just thought I stop by and say: hey classmate.
I have nothing sunny to share those days, except, that my best friend decided to come home next weekend. just to make me a bit happier. I love her.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe