Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Salon- Less Reading, More Renovating

I haven't done a lot of reading today instead I finished the painting in my kitchen and finally have pictures to show you all. (More on that later) I am, however, about halfway through Tempted (the latest book in the House of Night series from PC and Kristin Cast). I don't love it, not in the way I have loved other vampire books but I am far enough into the series now that I feel I have to finish it. My opinion on the House of Night series, and many people may disagree with me, is that it is low-brow. Too much swearing. Too much sex. Not enough intellectual activity. I do really like that there is a positive portrayal of a teenage gay couple and it is not stereotyped (too much) or treated poorly. It's very sweet and accepted as the norm by the other characters.


Coming up for me in my reading is a really busy time. I have about 8 books to read before the beginning of June for my school board review committee, but they are mostly junior aged books so it shouldn't be all that bad. I can crank out those puppies in a few hours! After all, I am going to teach Grade 4 not be in Grade 4! I have also signed up (hopefully) to judge the YA Bloggers Debut Book Battle being hosted by Alyssa at The Shady Glade. Alyssa has described the battle as such: "The YA Bloggers Debut Book Battle is a bracket-style judging contest to pick the best nominated debut work published in the last year (and a little bit of 2010)."  You can read more about it at her blog!


So without further ado....


The Kitchen Pictures- I'll start with some befores, then durings and finally....TA DA!! The afters.








Kahne does not like renovations...

...see??

After. Done. Done. And done.












Have a fantastic Monday!!

5 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Diane said...

Very nice Beth; I bet it feels great to have the job completed.

Helen's Book Blog said...

The kitchen looks great; you must be so releaved to have it done! I remember when we were finished...I (almost) didn't know what to do with myself!

Molly said...

OH how beautiful!! It must be a pleasure to cook a meal now :)

Milli said...

Neat! I wish my kitchen looked like that. If only I would clean it more...

SB said...

wow - what a change! very sleek, Beth!!! ps. when can you visit me???

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe