Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, May 28, 2010

Announcements

So I announced to my class that I would be leaving at the end of the year to go and teach at a new school, their reaction was... "NOOOOO, What? OMG??"

And then I reminded them that they were in Grade 8 and would be leaving the school too.

Then they were all, "Oh yeah, whatever."

But for a brief minute they were really sad.

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Morgan said...

Awh, your students sound adorable. And you must be a wonderful teacher for them to be sad!

Emidy said...

Aw, that's sweet! Even though they realised that they're leaving the school too, it's good to know that they care!

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

LOL!!!!! I sooo know what you're saying. I learned quickly that students feel sad for about 10 seconds at the end of the year. As a 7th grade teacher I see them as 8th graders. Most pretend they never knew me because they don't want to admit they were ever a silly 7th grader :0

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe