How often do you set goals? I mean actually write them down, plan for them, review them, look at them, etc?
There have been a few prompts for my art journaling class that have to do with goals, dreams, to do lists etc and it has got me thinking about goals. Long term. Short term. Today. Tomorrow. Unfinished. Impossible or improbable. Goals.
Sometimes I feel like there are so many cool things I want to do, see, places I want to go...but then at the same time I want to have a pretty house, a nice yard and just hang out with my husband. It's so hard to balance the two and to be honest, I bail on plans and stay home a lot more often then I ever thought I would growing up. I've become a homebody.
That's why the 101 Things in 1001 Days that I mentioned yesterday is so intriguing to me. This is the website where the idea was born. Writing down the things I want to do and then giving myself a deadline is almost like a challenge. I am very interested in creating my own list. Especially since there are some things in my own city that I have never done!
Things that might be on my list include...
1. Visit the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)
2. Visit the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
3. Visit the Bata Show Museum
4. Go to the Toronto Zoo
5. Have family portraits done
6. Organize my home office
7. Run 5K
8. Don't eat potato chips for a month
9. Donate blood
10. Start to use environmentally friendly cleaners in my home
11. Watch 20 Oscar winning movies that I haven't seen
12. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy (love this idea from Scarlet Words)
13. Do 31 Random Acts of Kindness on my 31st birthday
14. Participate in the Worldwide Day of Giving on June 15th
15. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity
16. Stay over at a Bed and Breakfast up north with my husband
17. Go camping for a weekend, in a tent
18. Go shopping at the St Lawrence Market
19. Find a great used book store in my area
20. Watch all three Lord of the Rings movies in one sitting
21. De-clutter every room in my house (wow, eh!)
22. Go to Las Vegas
23. Finish the scarf I started knitting
24. Keep my art journal for an entire year (I mean actually journal in it for an entire year! I am bad at starting and not finishing journals)
25. Send a package to the Canadian troops at Christmas
26. Shop at a farmer's market on a regular basis
Well....it's a good start. 101 things is a lot of things! I would love to know what would be on your list!