Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Happy Sunday

How was your weekend?

The hubby and I spent the weekend at his parent's house and we made dinner for his mom yesterday, quite a feast! We managed to use every dish that was in the kitchen, who knew that was even possible? It's such an interesting experience cooking in someone else's kitchen. You are constantly asking "Where's this?", "Do you have?". I am not sure it was really all that enjoyable. Plus. my mother-in-law does not like anyone loading her dishwasher (I know, right?) and so she actually ended up doing the dishes from dinner because she wouldn't let us load.

As for the actual meal...

He made ribs and cedar plank mashed potatoes on the BBQ while I made a Napa salad and bruschetta. Then for dessert we had quesadilla s'mores! The only downside to all this was that southern Ontario was hit with a snow squall! Yes, that's right it snowed the entire time we were trying to BBQ and the snow even stuck to the ground for awhile.

Then in the night the power went out. Now my in-laws live on a farm, in the country, where there are no street lights so when the power goes out it's dark! I am (a little) afraid of the dark, it's just so unknown, so I woke up my husband to help me go to the bathroom. After I made in back safely from the washroom and had fallen asleep again the smoke alarm when off! It turns out that when the power came back on so did the back-up furnace (they have a geothermal furnace that does most of the heating, very green of them!) and because there was dust in the vents it started to burn. You could actually smell the smoke. So my husband got up to help his parents deal with that situation in the middle of the night, I stayed in bed and comforted our dog who was scared and concerned. I know, a hard job but someone had to do it!

And so was the excitement of this year's Mother's Day. Don't worry I called my mom as well, and we have plans to go to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Science Centre in June with my sister when my husband takes my dad golfing for Father's Day!

I hope all the moms out there had a great, if less eventful, day!

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Milli said...

Happy mother's day:D

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe