Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, May 21, 2010

Ideas....where are you?

Is it possible for your creativity to dry up? Where did all my ideas go?

I can't seem to focus on writing for my blog lately, and I know I have mentioned this before, but it doesn't seem to be going away. If there aren't any new blog posts in the next little while just know that I am recharging and hoping for ideas to come to me.

I did just finish reading Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters so I could always write a review of that....but even that seems very daunting right now. Sigh.

Anyone have any questions and something they have been dying to know about me?? Any suggestions of good memes I can participate in each day??

HELP!!!

4 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

blueicegal said...

Awww i have the opposite like way to much to do, how about trying out some interviews maybe?? and yes meme would be a good idea, Fridays finest is a lovely meme,maybe you can focus on making a meme on your own, that would keep you busy for some time, also if you want have a look i have a meme called kiss & tell, you can read about it

here: http://blueicegal-fantasy4eva.blogspot.com/2010/04/kiss-and-tell_20.html

Milli said...

I find that ideas are sort of like sneaky bunnies. When you look for them, it takes forever to find. But when you're not even looking for it, they just pop up at you! It's not such a good schedule, but I think it works:D

Molly said...

Well, I'm not sure how much help I can be (I don't consider my ideas person, but rather, a details person) but here are some memes that I enjoy.

If you like to cook, Beth Fish Reads has a meme called Weekend Cooking that is fun and practical (lots of great sounding recipes).

I LOVE library loot - as I go to the library more than once a week. I don't always publish what I bring home, but I have quite stack to discuss this week :)

If you don't want to write a long, detailed book review, Jenners (Find Your Next Book Here) hosts The Saturday Five that makes it quick and easy.

Musing Monday, Booking through Thursday, and Weekly Geeks very often has some great, thought-provoking questions that I enjoy writing about --- and reading others' responses.

Lastly, if you like to take pictures, then Wordless Wednesday is a great meme and takes very little time and effort to upload (and since it is "wordless" there is not writing involved)

Anyway, those are a few suggestions. Hope at least one pans out for you.

Beth said...

Wow, thanks for all the ideas. Molly, that list is great! I am going to look into some of those!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe