Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The post about nothing

So I may have mentioned this before, but I may have not. In the summer I play on a co-ed baseball team with my husband. We started playing last year and I actually ended up on two teams. Now in the winter I curl with some of my same friends from baseball.

Notice: 

Summer = baseball

Winter = curling

However, this year I am really not into baseball and here's why (in case you were actually interested and haven't stopped reading at this point); last year baseball ended and we have one week off before curling started. This year curling ended and we had maybe two weeks off before baseball started. I want my winter sports to be the in winter and my summer sports to be in the summer. I want the fall and spring to recuperate on my couch. I am feeling UBER-lazy lately. I have no ambition to really do much of anything, except maybe sleep. A case of the spring blahs, the "I teach Grade 8 blues"? Who knows. But I kind of miss me and wish I could get interested in something.

I...gasp...haven't even read anything in a few days!!! No books, either. You know things are topsy turvy when I haven't been reading.

But to make a long story short, I am going to drag my *%$ to baseball tonight, I am going to hang out with my friends, and I am going to try and enjoy it. Why? Because I can. And who am I to complain really, so many people out there have it much worse than me. If having to go play recreational baseball is my biggest problem things must be doing okay.

And now I am going to end this rambling post about random nothingness and let you all get back to your lives. I have sucked you into my vortex of blah long enough.

PS- I thought of a few new things to add to my 101 Things list

- get a library card and go at least once a month (I used to go all the time as a kid)

- organize our video/DVD library

- donate/lend money to a micro-financing organization like KIVA

- learn how to make a pie shell

(Here are some things I like that are the top 101 things from the website)
- take a picture everyday for 365 days

- donate blood

- write a letter to myself to open in 10 years

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Emidy said...

You haven't been reading recently? Gasp! Go pick up a good book right now!

Tanu said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

Your 101 Things list is great. I am going to steal it from your site and start one today!!! Happy Blogging!

SB said...

oh beth I think you have the end of the year burnt out blues....

36 days....

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe