Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, May 14, 2010

Readers Reading

I saw this post on Curling Up By the Fire, who has indicated that she saw it some place else....and so on and so on But I thought it was a great post to start off the weekend.


Do you snack while you read?
Nope. I snack plenty when doing other things, too plenty, but not while reading usually. My mom, however, enjoys jujubes.
What is your favourite drink while reading?
I usually have Crystal Light when I am at home...so I guess that.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read?
I do write in any professional books I am reading, I highlight and write myself little notes. But I rarely do it in novels anymore. I did when I was in college and read for all my classes.
How do you keep your place while reading a book?
I am a page folder. I know soooooo bad.
Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Both.  I go through phases.  I love historical non-fiction.  I usually tend to read whatever I feel like reading.
Are you a person tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I often stop at the end of a chapter because it's the only thing that alerts me to stop reading! If a book is good I will read deep into the night.
Are you the type of person to just throw the book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
No, what a silly response. I just put the book away.
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Nope, I advocate to my students that this isn't what real readers do. I use the other words around it to approximate (infer) a meaning and if it bugs me I'll look it up later.
What are you currently reading?
The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt
What is the last book you bought?
I just ordered a bunch online that I am waiting to come in....some highlights are Last Song by Nicholas Sparks and House Rules by Jodi Picoult
Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
Usually only one at time but I have been finding myself trying to read more than one lately, turning over a new leaf perhaps?
Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
I like to read in bed! Or cuddled under a blanket on the couch. Or suntanning outside.
Do you prefer series books or stand-alones?
I like series because then you get to know the characters really well and feel like you are a part of their lives. But then you are very sad when it is over!
Is there a specific book you find yourself recommending over and over?
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
How do you organize your books?
Well.....I just had a little organizing party with myself and re-organized my main bookshelf by spine colour! I saw it in a decorating magazine and loved how it looked. So pretty.

6 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Kathy Martin said...

I am always fascinated with people who can organize thier books by color. I wouldn't be able to find a book because I don't have a very good visual memory. Have you thought about taking pictures your shelves to show us?

Happy reading! You can find my Reading Habits post here.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I am really enjoying people's answers to this meme! And, a book organizing party with yourself...how fun!

Milli said...

Harry Potter and The Hunger Games...awesome:D And *GASP!* You dog-ear pages?! Just kidding.

SB said...

you're funny - I might steal this post tomorrow! take a pic of that shelf for us!

Beth said...

I will take a picture....just as soon as I dust the shelf!! LOL

Stephanie said...

I have never thought to organize my books by spine colour; that would actually be pretty cool. Do you have a picture of how yours turned out?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe