Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Sunday and other ramblings of my tired brain

I made it to Sunday! I slept in! I am going to do some work today but it is mostly going to be done while on the couch or in bed!

Teachers are not good at being "in class" and I just spent three days in class. I don't mean that we are bad students, although really that could be a whole other post...I mean that we are not used to be ing the ones who sit and listen. So when you put a group of 30 or so teachers in a room and ask them to listen to someone else teach them it's not always a recipe for good.

I throughly enjoyed my three days, even if I find sitting very tiring. Strange isn't it? I am so used to being able to move around whenever I like that sitting for long periods tires me out! Quite an important thing to remember when I am the teacher. I do do my best to provide opportunities for my students to move around actually, as I understand their need to get out of their chairs once in awhile.

Since 18 hours of the last 3 days have been spent in class I haven't really done anything else. My husband and I bailed on going out with friends last night because he was falling asleep on the couch and I be honest, I really didn't want to go. We did go out for dinner the two of us on Friday which was fun. I remember a time when we barely stayed in on the weekend, and sometimes the week. Now I can count the number of times we go out...in a month! We have become quite the homebodies.

That isn't to say we don't do stuff it just usually involves being at home or someone else's home rather than out. I like that better. "Out" is expensive, noisy, full of people I don't know and usually the bathroom is gross!

My plan for today is to finish some marking and to do some planning for the next week or so, and if I can read.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Milli said...

Hehe. My teacher makes us sit way too much:]

Beth said...

Mili,
That's never good! I try to have my students get up and move around at least a few times every class. It sweeps out the cobwebs!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe