Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good Bye and Hello

Yesterday I said goodbye to my school of four years and today I say hello to my new school.

It was emotional yesterday, lots of tears and hugs, laughs and sadness. I am happy to be moving on and trying something new. It was definitely time for it and I want/ need a new challenge. However, I have made some great friends in my four years at my old school and it's hard knowing I won't them everyday. Some people I will only see few and far between. It will become lunches and coffee, shopping and run-ins. It will take a lot more effort than just walking down the hall to their classroom.

I didn't think I would be as emotional as I was but I could barely speak without crying at the end of the day when I was presented with a card and a little ceremony. Every time someone hugged me I cried harder. I had to take a long route to the staff dinner at Jack Astor's to compose myself.

Now, I am up and getting ready to go to my new school. I will have my first staff breakfast at 8:30, and then followed by a staff meeting and then hopefully some good planning with my new team. It's all fresh and new, I can't wait to see what it brings.


Here's to new beginnings.

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

so fun - new is good!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe