Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good Morning Bloggers!

It's Saturday and the entire weekend is unrolling in front of me with nothing planned. Don't you just love weekends like that?

I had some tentative plans to meet up with old friends at a Jay's game but it didn't pan out. I am sad about not seeing Brian and June, but I am also a little excited to just stay home and relax. June is such a hectic month with school ending, packing up my classroom, completing report cards and meeting with my new school everything has been a bit of a whirlwind. Two days of nothing sounds pretty fantastic.

To give all the book bloggers out there an update on my participation in the Huge TBR Readathon, here's what I have accomplished so far since starting on Tuesday:

Completed Books:
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer
Extras by Scott Westerfeld

I am hoping to read Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordian and Last Song by Nicholas Sparks by the end of Sunday. My reading was somewhat interrupted this week as I went to watch my husband play baseball on Thursday evening and yesterday I battled a migraine all day and then went to the Cancer Society Relay for Life in the evening (I raised almost $700.00- so proud!!). I am hoping that my days of nothing will be full of lots of reading. I know I won't be too bothered by my husband as the US Open in on all weekend and that is his plan for his two days of nothing.

I hope if you have plans or if you don't that you enjoy yourself this weekend!

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe