Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, June 11, 2010

It's Friday!!

And there are only 12 school days left!! Whooo hooo.

I feel like shouting it from the roof tops. Singing it in the rain. Dancing it down the street.

After this weekend I will be done my report cards. I can start to concentrate on packing up my room. I can watch TV and read books every evening and not feel guilty that I am not planning or marking.

It doesn't even matter that I am doing summer school again. That will be news kids and new challenges and a new place. But this year will be done and behind me. No more Grade 8's (except maybe summer school, but that's a whole different thing about which I will post later)

Oh the gloriousness of endings and new beginnings. Everything is fresh and delicious.

It's like a brand new pack of markers,
or an unused notebook,
a freshly sharpened pencil,
new clothes with the tags still on,
the smell of a new book,
clean sheets on your bed,
new socks,
the first sip out of a can of cream soda,
seeing the waiter emerge from the kitchen and knowing he is carrying your dinner,
waiting for a friend to arrive,
hello hugs in the airport....

... and so much more.

What's your favourite ending/new beginning?

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Cleverly Inked said...

Any crazy plans for the summer?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe