Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Love? Old Love?

I have re-discovered a love for Froot Loops (I even love that they are spelled wrong)! I had a craving the other day, so I went to the store, bought some and have been enjoying a delicious breakfast everyday since.

As a child my mother was very anti-sugar cereal, well she was very anti anything made of sugar, so this multi-coloured treat was rarely found in our home. Our breakfasts were all multi-grain Cheerios, and Whole Wheat Muffets. It was on;y on special occasions, or trips to a friend's home that sugar cereals every made an appearance on the breakfast table.

Now as an adult I have obviously outgrown the desire to eat sugar cereal on many occasions, plus I know that eating a bowl of sugar in the morning is not the way to keep the waist line slim (or slimmer anyway). But every once in awhile I see a commercial and the craving sneaks into my heart and I must have some. And when I do....oh so good.

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Milli said...

I've never liked froot loops much. But I LOVE the commercials!

SB said...

With the birth of a fruit loop lover, I too love love love to indulge in bowls of fruity loops...thanks for offering to share your bank...I may take you up on it! how are your reports coming along?

Beth said...

Not too bad, I am done all my learning skills and just need to mark essays and a unit test before FRiday!! whew!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe