Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday Teaser, and Challenge Updates


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am currently read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's one of the books on my list for the Books to Read Before I Die Challenge



"But I'd like to see the castles in the towns where they live," the boy explained.

"Those people, when they see our land, say that they would like to live here forever," his father continued.

"Well, I'd like to see their land, and see how they live," said his son.


Summer Reading

A few bloggers out there have been posting their summer reading lists (especially those who are teachers and are already done work...grrrr, 20 more days for me!) and I thought I might like to post a list of my own. I am woefully behind in almost all of my reading challenges so that is going to dominant my summer reading list- playing catch up! Here's what I hope to accomplish, in no particular order.

From the Books to Read Before I Die Challenge

* Fall on Your Knees by Ann Marie MacDonald

* Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

The World According to Garp by John Irving


From the EW Summer Reading Challenge

* The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender

* The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer

* Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman


* Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins



* Body of Death by Elizabeth George

From the Read the Book, See the Movie Challenge

* The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (book and movie)

* Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief (movie only)

* Emma by Jane Austen (movie only)


* The Road (movie only)

I have decided to drop the Reading YA through the Decades challenge as I have yet to read one book for the challenge and I am not feeling at all inspired to start!


Whew...quite the update! I must say I am also very proud of my readying progress this year...31 books! Check out the "I Am Reading...2010" tab at the top to see the complete list.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe